EVENING NIGHTCAP: Sophia Spills The Beans On Divorce. Oscar Nominations Snubs. My Favorite Brand Of Jam Is No More. Kitty Litter + $5 Donation = GENIUS

 

 

► Sophia Vergara explains the reason for her marriage to Joe Manganiello collapsed like a souffle made by Brooklyn Beckham.  Joe wanted kids...and she did not.  Sophia (51) and Joe (47) were together for 10 years (married for 7 years). In an interview with El Pais, she said: Read More

"I had a son at 19, who is now 32, and I’m ready to be a grandmother, not a mother,” she explained.“I’m almost in menopause; it’s the natural way of things,” she said, adding, “When my son becomes a dad, let him bring the baby to me for a while and then I’ll give it back to him and go on with my life; that’s what I have to do.”

Sophia Vergara and Joe Manganiello. Photo: Joe Maganiello Instagram/Page Six

Comment: Sophia went on to say the 4 year age difference between she and Joe also didn't help because of his desire to have kids. I respect where she's coming from as far as not wanting to be an "old parent" and her honesty is refreshing. However, you'd think she and Joe would have had a conversation about it waaaaay before deciding to get married.  I dunno. To me, seems like their marriage failed in part due to a lack of open, honest communication early in their relationship about the topic. That's my arm-chair analysis. BTW, Joe is now dating 34 yr old actress Caitlin O'Connor and Sophia is dating an orthopedic surgeon (his age is unknown). 

 ► The nominations for the 97th Academy Awards were announced today. The snubs have ruffled the feathers of social media. The snubs include: Bradley Cooper not being  nominated for Best Director for Maestro (but he was nominated for Best Actor); Greta Gerwing being left out for Best Director for Barbie; Margot Robbie not being nominated for Best Actress for Barbie; and Leonardo DiCapprio getting ignored for Best Actor for Killers of the Flower Moon.  However, Greta was nominated for Best Screenplay for Barbie...so there's that. Pfft.  Anyhoo, the biggest surprise was America Ferrera being nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Barbie.  Read More & Nominations

Photo: The Guardian.com

Comment:  As expected, Oppenheimer had the most nomination with a total of 13. Insiders are predicting it will sweep the awards like Slumdog Millionaire did years ago.  Another surprise nomination was Maestro for Best Makeup. Bradley Cooper received A LOT of backlash for using a ridiculously big fake nose to portray Leonard Bernstein (which was not needed).  I find it insulting the movie was nominated in that category. Anyway, we can sit back and watch Bradley for the next few weeks whore himself with ads to Academy voters to pick him for Best Actor. He should give AnnE Hathaway a call for tips.

► J.M. Smucker Company, who owns the Knott's Berry Farm brand of grocery products including jams and jellies, will be discontinuing them. The brand's grocery products had been around for 100+ years.  Read More

Illustration: J.M. Smucker Company / Today.com

Comment: I grew up on Knott's Berry jams and jellies. My favorites were Blackberry and Strawberry. I used to put  them on Ritz crackers as an after school snack. Hearing this news bummed me out as I was wondering why I have not seen them in grocery stores in ages. Now I know why. The company has been sunsetting them. Waaagh!

 ► An animal shelter in Rhode Island is kicking off its "Love Stinks" fundraising campaign for anyone who wants a shelter kitty to piss or shit on the name of an ex...or someone who deserves to be shitted on. For a $5 donation the shelter will write the name of the person and bury it in kitty liter for a shelter cat to piss on it. The fundraiser runs through Valentine's Day.  Read More

 

Photo: Ocdp/Wikimedia Commons / UPI.com

Comment: That's a creative fundraiser for the shelter. I have a list of names I would like to have a shelter kitty piss on: The Orange Goon & his family, The K-Trash Koven, the supermarket cart with the wobbly wheel I always manage to get, and the dipshit who coined the term, "let's circle back".



 

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: Baby I'm A Star with Moo Deng!