Explain Your Week With a Gif !


I was busy this past week getting the kids, the husband, the house, the pets, the business, and the employees ready for our departure. It was a lot of work, and my ankle is still healing. I don't work during my children's big holidays. I just don't. I would sell my business if it became an interference for my family. They come first. 

How is my business structured? I have been accused of having too much time on my hands to really have a business. Laughable because no one said I was a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. I work project to project, and there is a lot of downtime for research or planning or when the tasks are in waiting periods. I always take some time in between to mentally rinse off a finished project. I work from deadline to deadline that I create so I can extend my time, though I usually account for issues. I learned that the hard way. 

Some projects are long, a client has a long list of projects, or the execution is highly specialized. I have to work with subcontractors, so I have to work around their time, and there can be lulls. Usually, I am doing three or four at a time. Locating and negotiating items can take a year or more at times. I am as busy or not as I want to be because I control the schedule. I have a partner, my SIL-husband's beloved sister, and employees, but my business is small and will always stay small. I have been accused of being too exclusive, but I don't want to be tied down or married to a business like restauranteurs or my husband, who has to be available even during holidays. 

I have had a few clients complain before I left, but what I do is not life or death; it is a pure luxury. Most of my clients are used to telling people what to do, and they want what they want on their time and right now. I have become good at that game; you must be unmovable, unimpressed, and clear that you are their equal and won't tolerate spoiled behavior. I am the boss, and they quickly learn that lesson, and if they don't, they can fuck off somewhere else. 

So I had that going on, excited kids and then deciding to ban a thorn in the communities side. So here is Mae West explaining my week in a gif

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: In Praise Of Lola Falana!

OPEN POST: Rejoice! Peckerwood Manor Is One Year Old Today!

OPEN POST: Peckerwood Field Trip - Finnish Hobby Horse Championships!