Haunted Manor: Share Your Ghost Stories!

It's that time of year again, dear Peckerlings! And no, I'm not talking about the annual hosedown Johnny Depp's keepers are tasked with when the stench starts to peel wallpaper. I'm talking about Spooky Season™! And as luck would have it, we get an extra dose of spooky this year with this lovely Friday the 13th cherry on top. So, we here at the manor figure what better way to celebrate than to have everyone share their spookiest stories in the comments tonight!

And we're not picky either - give us your run-ins with ghosts, your unexplained happenings, dreams, the scariest ghost story you ever heard, or even some good ol' spooky folklore and legends you'd like to share. Just tell us something scary! I'll go first.

Back when I was a teen, my dumbass boyfriend (let's call him Shitfuck Loser) lived in a weird house. It wasn't terribly old, but it had a pool and a den that was added on at some point before they moved in, and the vibe there was just...off. Before I even experienced anything myself, he told me a story about the time he and a classmate saw a blue orb in the computer room. They were both sitting on the couch when an orb floated in right by them, went around a corner, and then poof! Disappeared! The classmate who saw it was a pretty skeptical guy, but he swore it happened, and it was really out of character for him to just make shit up. I heard this tale a few times before I finally had my own experience. 

One night, Shitfuck Loser and I were alone in the house (well, except for his dog), and all three of us were in his mom's bedroom laying on the bed. The subject of ghosts came up, and even though I'd heard the orb story before, I was still super skeptical about the paranormal in general. And I thought ghosts were silly, so I kind of laughed and said something like, "I don't believe in ghosts, that's stupid!"

But just as soon as I said that, the light above the bed started to flicker, which I admit, spooked me a little bit. So naturally I laughed and said, "Oh whatever, that was just a coincidence! If you're really a ghost, then do it again!" 

Aaaaand you probably can guess what happened next - the light flickered again! But that's not all. Suddenly the dog looked straight up at the ceiling as if something was there and began spinning in circles while staring up at it, around and around and around. Then BOOM, she bolted out the bedroom door and took off down the hall as fast as she could. And welp, by that point both Shitfuck Loser and I were officially freaked out. So we grabbed the dog, got in the car, and stayed at my parents' house for the night.

A couple weeks after that, I had another experience. We were hanging out in Shitfuck Loser's room, and I was sitting on the bed with my back leaning against the wall. Shitfuck Loser had been standing, but leaned down to give me a kiss when immediately a blade from the moving ceiling fan flew clean off, went right over his head, and put a nice dent in the wall. It's path was such that if he hadn't have bent over in that moment, it would have hit him square in the back of the head (you had ONE JOB, Casper 🙄). And where it ended up hitting the wall was around 4 inches to the left of MY head.

But wait, there's more! Once I had a friend over who wanted to go swimming, and she brought her cousin who had never been to the house before. Not long after we got in the water, the cousin freaked the fuck out, beelined out of the pool, and swore that something was pulling her under. She was hysterical, shrieking that the house was evil, demanded we take her back home, etc. I personally never experienced anything weird in the pool, but with everything that had occurred otherwise, it didn't seem as far-fetched to me as it might have previously.

And the long hallway that the dog ran down that night - it always felt like something was following you there, and that whatever it was must have been directly behind you with every step you took, breathing down your neck. 

And there you have it - my own personal little tale of terror! What's yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: Melissa Joan Hart Wrote a Sweet Tribute to Martin Mull

OPEN POST: Ambrosia Salad: Yay or Nay?