Couple Alert! Joshua Jackson and Lupita Nyong'o-Yay or Nay?

It seemed like just yesterday when Joshua was cozied up with his wife, Jodi Turner-Smith, and a baby, looking happy and very much together. Then, it seemed out of nowhere that Jodi filed for divorce, citing the old celebrity favorite irreconcilable differences, and it broke my heart because I liked them together. Rumors spread that he was falling into another vagine, so who could blame Jodi? There are dealbreakers that most of us can understand, and cheating is high on that list for many. So Joshua had to pack his bags and get to stepping because Jodi is not that woman who would accept that; at least, that is the impression I got from their press releases. 

Pacey! How could you?! I never watched Dawson's Creek, but I think he was Pacey and not the main idiot who is now afflicted with MAGA-itis disease. Really, though, if it is true that he stepped out, then he should be ashamed of himself. I sort of think it is true. He and Jodi had been looking happy at a red carpet event a few days before, and he was said to have been caught flat-footed when slapped with Get The Fuck Out papers. 

Now, 4 months later, he and Lupita are said to be pretty serious and in love. Now, if I were not a generous and kind hooker, I might think that they were hooking up prior to the divorce announcement. I might even think Jodi filed because he and Lupita were creeping behind Jodi's back. Now, that is what I would think if I weren't one to see the best in people and always believe what celebrity "sources" say because these "sources" are usually honest-to-goodness, well-placed friends, right? My glasses are rose-tinted, and I never want to besmirch pristine reputations and accuse celebrities of scandalous behavior. 

Stop laughing! Alright, I realize I am none of those things and that I am a jaded, cynical ho who sees the worst in celebrities and knows these well-placed sources are their publicists and reps. I know they lie to craft a message, and my senses tell me that this was awfully fast. Celebrity lives do move faster than most, but to go so public and madly in love...4 months? Hmmm. 

Nonetheless, I am a Yay. I love Lupita. Joshua is okay, but you can't say he doesn't have good taste. She is 41, highly educated, talented, gorgeous and interesting. 

Stats:

Joshua was born June 11, 1978, Canadian, 45, best known for Dawson's Creek, The Affair, Fringe, and Dr. Death, father of one. Exes include Diane Kruger, Katie Holmes, and Jodi. 

Lupita was born March 1, 1983, Kenyan-Mexican, best known for 12 Years A Slave, for which she won an Oscar, Star Wars, Black Panther, and her stage career. Exes include unknowns. Her list of accomplishments is long, and she is a fashion darling. 

What do you think? Yay, or Nay? And Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: In Praise Of Lola Falana!

OPEN POST: Rejoice! Peckerwood Manor Is One Year Old Today!