OPEN POST: Rejoice! Peckerwood Manor Is One Year Old Today!

Ah hahahahahaha! Or hooray, hurrah, two snaps and a hey! Can you believe Peckerwood Manor is one year old today? We're still here, dammit, and still kickin'. And here you are, horing and roaring right along with us. 

Below, each of us joyously reflect on this, our very first Cake Day. And, yes, we come to you in alphabetical order. Why? Because we learned how to do it in preschool and we're still that cute.

§

AK (aka ECCE HOMO)

Ends and beginnings! We were all shocked by the news of DListed's shuttering, but as sad as it was, I was even sadder to think I'd never again hear from everyone I'd come to know in the comments. But Bree stepped right up and created this spot - and Shonali did her part, too, starting DListed Community (reddit.com)I felt so happy that we'd still be able to stay in touch, to chat about our mundane jobs, our happinesses and our (hopefully infrequent) sad times. 

The very first post here, seeing all these familiar names and avies, made my heart (like the Grinch's) grow 3 times its size. I don't get to write as often as these other fine folks, but when I have an inspiration, like our Joan pictured below, I light up a smoke, instantly transform into a 22 year-old starlet with big ambitions (and even bigger eyebrows) and start typing!

BREE DANIELS

Peckerwood Manor was created with a little sass, a little ass, and a whole lot of luck. Why luck? Because when word came down that our beloved DListed was ending, I scarcely had time to throw the Manor together - and crucially, pick the hors whom I wanted to ride along with me. I selected on instinct - and it didn't fail me. Your Manor mods, writers and hors are a flat-out amazing bunch (and very witty) (as you know) and I've been honored to work with them. No, really, I mean that. 

I'm also heartened that so many DListed readers decided to join us. I love how supportive we are of each other, and I simply "live," as the kidults say, when your bitchy comments cause me to spit up my coffee with laughter (and this happens often). I hope we're all here for one another for many years to come, or cum in the case of our cherished Manor Bendy Boyz™.

CAPT. STEPHEN PEACOCK: 


What can I say about the Manor? So much has changed since I first discovered DListed in 2009 and un-lurked shortly after the Disqus transition on a night I was feeling particularly lonely. And whenever I was down or lonely, the Dlisters and Michael K's amazing snark was there for me. How could I not feel like a rockstar the two times (yes, TWO) that MK upvoted me when he wandered into the comments? And then, like all of you, I felt the end of an era a year ago when DListed came to a close. I wished then and now nothing but the best for MK and his future endeavors and completely understood, but losing touch with all of you would have been devastating.

I'm so grateful you're all here and allow me to be around you! I'm also grateful to Bree and the team for the opportunity to write about nerdy stuff I love, and to my five-ish loyal readers. What a year it's been, and I look forward to this coming one! Happy anniversary, my fellow Manorites!


DORA WINIFRED


Peckers, I can't overstate my gratitude for this little community we have cultivated over the years. We have celebrated each other's successes and comforted each other during extremely difficult ordeals, all while snarking on celebrities with wit as sharp as Joan Crawford's brows. 

It's an honour to share this Manor with you all. I love you as much as Amy loved Blaaaake.

FEW WORDS:


Wow, a year has gone by since we started this social science experiment after DListed was shuttered. A big thank you to Bree for creating PWManor for DListed refugees to wade over and continue playing in the sandbox of snark and keeping virtual friendships together. 

I want to give a big THANK YOU to the readers of PW Manor. You keeps things going for me and make it all worthwhile. I never would have thought that my "Today On Cooking With Brooklyn Beckham" nonsense would bring smiles to folks in this new place. Or that my Evening Nightcap blabberings about dinguses like Walmart Wallis and Prince Waaagh would make folks giggle in glee like a divorce attorney on Angelina and Brad's payroll. By the time those 2 divorce,  JLo will be on her 6th marriage.

Happy 1st Anniversary PW Manor!

MFLEURETTE:

I felt this gaping hole open in my chest when I found out DListed was closing. I couldn't imagine my life without some of you in it. I found joy in our banter, sharing, and support. It felt like a brilliant book with half the pages ripped out, which was unacceptable. Bree and I bonded fast and hard, and my admiration grew when he started a new home for us so we wouldn't lose each other. He put the pages back in the book. 

I love offering a window into my passions, opinions, heart, celebrities, juicy gossip, and sometimes antics from my high-flying singleton days or daily life. In return, you all have been wonderfully open, encouraging, and worth every nap I miss, engagement I turn down, or work I put off so I can bang away on my laptop to do my part. I am an unlikely blog writer, but I like being unpredictable, so it gives me a kick to have my corner, my people, and my friends in the Manor. In life, we might simply pass each other on the street, yet here we are comrades, and dare I say it - oh yes, I dare - a large extended family. Kisses sweethearts! I love you.

MANDERLEY:


If someone would have told me that I would be a regular writer on an English-language blog, I would have told them they were crazy. And yet here we are one year since the launch of the Manor. After we learned that Dlisted was coming to an end, I wanted to keep the tradition of the Birthday Sluts alive. So I offered my services to write it every day and keep it the same - but different, as well, putting my own mark on it.

It has been an amazing journey so far, and it's given me a completely different perspective on how much of a commitment it is to maintain a daily blog. As a commitment phobic, you would think that it would have been a challenge, but it has been the opposite: I have found a sense of peace because of the Manor and I am so grateful for it and for every single one of you who had been part of this crazy journey. Happy Anniversary to the Manor and from the bottom of my cold, cold heart, thank you.

SEBASTIAN: 

Dear readers, I cannot thank you enough for staying the course with us, coming here each day, and humoring me with all the stupid shit I write (which I admit, isn't nearly often enough). When I first read the news about DListed ending, like all of us, I was devastated. The thought of losing this community - such a strange, unique little haven from not only the icky, venomous muck of the internet but the world at large - was unfathomable.

Yet here we are, an entire year later, still kickin' and trickin', and I just want to emphasize how you all are just as big a part of that as us writers are. You inspire me to keep going here in this space. So pat yourselves on the back, the ass, the muff - wherever it gets you tingly! You deserve it! 


§

Also, a huge thank you to all of the fantastic and filthy Guest Writers we've had this past year, including Asparagus Pee, SaucyKitty, KidL77, Emma (aka The Tennis Chick), Dramatic Tea Houx, SpiceDong, Daniel C, Mizcynical, and Raincoaster! Remember, we want to hear more from you guys. And if you're lurking and have always wanted cheap and tawdry fame, send us your scribbles. No, really. We want everyone to be heard!

Now let's break out the cake and blow, baby, blow. Next year there'll be two candles and hopefully twice as much fuckery. If that makes you moist or gives you a chub, hooray, we're doing it right.

And remember, keep the Manor lively. Invite your scandalous friends to join us, whether they be online friends or from real life. Tell them we bite, but only in the orgy room!

xoxo

Your Devoted Manor Hors


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: In Praise Of Lola Falana!

OPEN POST: Peckerwood Field Trip - Finnish Hobby Horse Championships!