Popular posts from this blog
OPEN POST: The Sunday Roast Featuring The Russian Disco Van!
By
raincoaster
Getty Images Get in, loser! We’re going roasting! But we’re taking the long way around, so be patient while I tell you a story. A story of my youth. That’s right, we’re talking about the Before Times. Before Trump. Before Covid. Before Y2K. Before, yes, before Madonna was A Thing. Dinosaurs roamed the Earth, or at least Dino Martin did. Back when I was a wee sprog, I, like all GenXers, watched a lot of cartoons. And one thing all of them (other than Looney Tunes) had in common was a cool vehicle. The Banana Splits had a dune buggy. Scooby and the gang had the Mystery Machine. Archie had his jalopy. Josie and the Pussycats had a party van. The Partridge Family had a cool skoolie. Yes, they had a cartoon. Naturally, I concluded that when you became a teenager you got a fun vehicle and drove around with your friends solving mysteries and singing pop tunes. Obviously . I also believed that they carded you when you ordered a teenburger at A&W, but I digress. I was so innocent then...
OPEN POST: It's 1961, So Let's All Go On A Road-Trip!
I've got my new Chevy Corvair fully stocked with Fresca on ice, Nabisco Vanilla Wafers and my famous ambrosia salad in a Tupperware! Oh shoot, I gotta turn up the radio, that new song by Del Shannon just came on! So let's hit the open road, possibly drive to the beach to have a torch-lit luau this evening, or maybe stop for a picnic in the country under a weeping willow. Heck, we can go wherever we want! And wherever we decide to go, we can laugh and chat and talk about whatever we feel like, just like it's Open Post or something!
Comments
Post a Comment