Peckerwood Café is calling for your favorite sites and links for recipes or tips!





It would be great if we shared some sites with each other to help your fellow hors eat some good stuff. I have a list and a James Beard recipe to share. His book is like The Joy of Cooking, kicked up 3 levels for American Recipes-mine had to be replaced from being splattered and worn. I still use cookbooks offline because some of my titles aren't online. I have an old Greek cookbook written in Greek; my friend in California's mother's writing can be seen in between the lines as she translated for me and added her own two cents. I have my binder of recipes from people that I love, and I bullied many cooks into giving me their recipes. Several are from my Vietnamese BFF's mom, loads from Mexico, South America, and African American, and some ripped out of magazines. You might never leave my house if I ever make you matzoh ball soup. It is that good. These are laminated, and they move wherever I move. I collect vintage cookbooks and have old books from Julia Child and the Grandaddy of French cookery, Escoffier. I have pestered my French BIL, who grew up in the restaurant business until his eyes crossed. He is hands down the best chef I have ever encountered. His cooking is like little bites of taste bombs of perfection. I have gotten better just from cooking with him and being his sous chef. 

I love our little food community and hope many more come and enjoy our talk of food and sharing. I imagine us at an enormous farm table, chatting over great wine, eating fabulous food, and sharing and nurturing each other. I show my love by cooking for people. So in this way, that is why I created this section of Peckerwood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: In Praise Of Lola Falana!

OPEN POST: Rejoice! Peckerwood Manor Is One Year Old Today!