Open Post: Hosted By Patty Simcox and Her Vroom-Vroom Galaxy 5000!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
By
AK
"Hey gang! I know it's summer vaca but I just had to call you, you'll never believe it! As a reward for my (almost) straight-A grades last year (okay, I got a C in chemistry) (what do you expect, I'm a cheerleader, lol), my parents just bought me a brand-new Galaxy 5000! Isn't it the most, to say the least?
"Oh! And I saw a new girl from Austria named Sandy signing up for next semester and she's dreadfully pretty and I just know we're going to be life-long friends! She said she's going to try out for the cheerleading team. Oh, I'm sure she'll be peachy-keen, jellybean - though I bet she hasn't got even half my moves! Behold:
"Oh, well, see you in September!"The older I get the more stupidly sentimental I become. Much love to these two beautiful people, Olivia Newton-John and Susan Buckner, both gone now.
(Photo Credit: Paramount Pictures)
Wistful, but happy, Wednesday, darlings. Don't forget to show us your own cheerleaders moves. And wear panties!
Getty Ah, Autumn. There's a nip in the air, and probably in the pocket of the tweed jacket belonging to the stout gentleman with the field glasses. The sun beats down, melting the frost on the turf. The women are in silk headscarves, breeches, and puffer vests for once, athleisurewear of the last century, And we're all ready for the action to begin. It could be a steeplechase, or it could be a flat race, but the excitement is always the same. The sleek, powerful beasts are in the starting gate. The crowd holds its breath. THEY'RE OFF! Horses? Who said anything about horses? I'm all about the Jack Russells, spunky little dogs who will tear your arm off if you try and stop them (which is why the people who catch them at the end wear the same kind of gloves as people who handle eagles, no lie). They are a wee titch excitable on race day (and every other day) and that's why the racing rules include muzzles these days. Bred as rat-catchers, these pups never shy a...
Movie twists have become ubiquitous these days, so much so that it seems like most have double, even triple twists, while some novels load on so many that you may be tempted to skip ahead to the final one just for expediency's sake. It's becoming a very tired cliche. But some twists are evergreen. I'd seen "Sixth Sense" in 1999, of course, so ghost story twists weren't exactly new to me or anyone, but the supernatural twist only a few years later in 2001's "The Others" was equally, if not more chilling. Your mileage may vary, of course, but the reveal that every main character was dead - by way of a mother murdering her children, then killing herself - shivered me timbers. What are your favorite movie twists? And, no, they don't have to involve ghosts. BTW, DJ Li'l Scratch is still on a bender which started Friday night, but promises Music Manor Monday will be back next week. 🐾
The other day I saw this '58 Impala (which looks a heck of a lot like a '58 DelRay), and I just had to take a pic. In 1958 lots of important cinematic stuff happened: Bridge On The River Kwai won Best Picture at the Academy Awards and South Pacific was a massive hit in the theaters (I'd assumed Auntie Mame was the top-grosser of the year, but South Pacific made nearly twice as much, despite the odd color-tinting in certain big scenes). And Danny and the Juniors had the #1 song of the year with "At The Hop" So why don't I pick you and the rest of the gang up around 6:30 in my brand-spanking new Impala and drive us to the hop? I promise I won't feel you up (I'm what's known as a confirmed bachelor) but we can laugh and chat and gossip about those dizzy celebrities (like that tramp Lana Turner) and have a good 'ol time--after all, it's Open Post, darlings!
Comments
Post a Comment