CORPORATIONS SUCK: McDonald's Discontinues Refillable Soda Stations!

Corporations exist to fuque you over - especially if you're poor. In the latest example of this truism, behold McDonalds, a hellscape eatery which caters to lower-income families desperate for a deal. For reasons they're not entirely willing to admit, the mega-grotesque chain has decided to put the screws to their customer base by getting rid of their self-serve soda stations. What does this mean? It means that should you want a meager refill of your watery Coke or Sprite, you'll have to buy another one. The cost of a medium drink at McDonald's is $1.30, with a profit margin to the corporation of about 90 percent. 90 fucking percent!

God forbid your screaming tween should want a refill, because McDonald's is going to squeeze your ass for more cash. The restaurant claims this is merely to create a "more consistent experience" for its customers. To more consistently rip them off? To make them wait in yet another miserable line to order - and pay! - for a refill from one of their chronically underpaid workers? To maybe get an upsell on one of their "shakes" (which have a whopping 530 calories, by the way) (here's to our tubby-wubby youth!). 

For my part, I haven't been to McDonald's in years, though during my starving college years, I was a regular since they were so damn cheap - until one day, I just couldn't anymore. True story: I threw up on the street outside their 6th Avenue restaurant in the West Village after trying one of their Fish Fillets sandwiches for the first time. I don't know if it was the "fish" or their so-called tarter sauce, but my body. Was. Not. Having. It. Not a single passersby batted an eyelash, as if blowing chunks outside a McDonald's was the most natural thing to do. To this day, when I go near a McDonald's and get a whiff of their cooking, their odors, I gag a little. Sure, maybe it's psychosomatic, but I'm never setting foot in one again.

Do you still go to McDonald's? Some of you, I know, still swear by their fries. But everything else? For helpful reference, here's what one side of their Big Mac really looks like - with a smattering of what they call "special sauce," but which I charitably call cat spew. Mmm-mmm. Enjoy!

Photo Credits: NBC News, YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OPEN POST: In Praise Of Lola Falana!